Root Canal Therapy – Beverly, MA
Goodbye Toothache, Hello Healthy, Strong Smile
Have you been ignoring a toothache? Unfortunately, teeth can’t heal themselves like the rest of your body can, so it won’t just go away on its own. Leaving it untreated could lead to a serious infection that causes your tooth to fall out and negatively impact your overall health, so it’s important that you seek treatment right away. If you’re ready to say goodbye to your toothache and hello to a healthy, strong smile, root canal therapy in Beverly may be able to help. Virtually painless, faster than ever, and incredibly successful, this tooth-saving treatment has far worse a reputation it deserves. To schedule your appointment and get the pain relief you deserve, give us a call today!
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
The only way to know for certain if you need root canal therapy is to come in and see us for an evaluation. However, a few of the most common signs that you need a root canal include:
- Toothache that is severe or worsening
- Sharp, stabbing pain when biting down
- Lingering tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Darkening or discoloration of the painful tooth
- Swollen, red gums or a small, pimple-like bump on them
What’s It Like to Get Root Canal Therapy?
Many people are afraid of root canals, but know very little about them. Understanding the process and therefore knowing what to expect during your treatment can go a tremendously long way in alleviating anxiety about your appointment! Contrary to common rumors, root canal therapy isn’t painful, but instead is designed to relieve pain quickly and effectively.
First, your mouth will be completely numbed so you shouldn’t feel anything besides some occasional pressure in your mouth during the process. This numbing is so effective that many patients are happy to report that their root canal was no worse than getting a large filling! Once you’ve been numbed, a small access hole will be made in the tooth. Special instruments are used to remove all the infected or decayed tissue and then the tooth is sanitized to completely eliminate any remaining bacteria. Then, the tooth is filled with a warm, rubbery material called guta-percha and the access hole is sealed. A crown is usually placed over the repaired tooth to keep it strong and protect it from future infections.
How A Root Canal Can Make Your Life Better
Not only is root canal therapy nothing to be afraid of, but it can make your life better! Here’s how:
- No more pain: Go back to eating, speaking, and living your life without dental pain!
- Enjoy a beautiful, strong, and healthy tooth: The durable and lifelike crown atop your repaired tooth ensures that it continues to look, feel, and perform its best for a long time.
- Avoid serious health issues: Untreated dental infections can spread throughout your body, and have been linked to systemic health issues like heart disease.
- Keep all your natural teeth: Root canal therapy can help you avoid needing a tooth extraction, which takes far more time, money, and long-term care.
If you have more questions or concerns about root canal therapy, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our knowledgeable team is here to put your fears to rest! Give us a call today to see if root canal therapy is the solution you’ve been looking for.