Implant Dentures – Beverly, MA
Invest in Reliability to Replace Your Smile
Approximately 40 million Americans are missing all their teeth, and many are still searching for a lasting smile solution. It’s true that dentures have come a long way over the years, but they still have notable disadvantages. There is a way to take the benefits of dentures to a different level – implant dentures. Due to a much more stable foundation, implant dentures offer longevity, comfort, and functionality that traditional dentures can’t match. At Beverly Farms Dental, we are partnered with local implant specialists to ensure your placement surgery is successful. If you are ready to invest in reliability to replace your smile, contact our team for a consultation!
What Are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures in Beverly are a combination of dental implants and traditional dentures. You gain great stability since the implants are prosthetic tooth roots inserted into the jawbone and eventually fuse with it. A denture is attached to anchor it in place, so the days of dentures slipping while you eat or talk are over. Your new teeth are more realistic, comfortable, and functional than the experience traditional dentures could provide.
Your dentist will learn more about your needs and preferences during your consultation. If you are a viable candidate for dental implants, they offer two varieties of implant dentures:
- Permanent implant dentures: Also known as fixed implant dentures, these are made to remain in your mouth and can only be removed by our implant dentist in Beverly. Usually, 4-6 dental implants are strategically placed in the jawbone to provide support for a full denture. After a while, many patients who choose this option forget they have dentures. The caveat is more jawbone density is required with this option, so you may need a preliminary procedure.
- Removable implant dentures: Sometimes called snap-on dentures, this option also benefits from the stability of dental implants. The difference is clips or ball sockets are used so the patient can remove the denture as needed, and usually, only 2-5 implants are required. Removable dentures need to be removed daily for cleaning purposes.
The Implant Denture Procedure
Step one will be a consultation with our dentist. They will determine if you are a viable candidate for implants and whether you need any preliminary treatments. Then, a trusted local specialist will perform your dental implant surgery; you’ll receive sedation or anesthesia to ensure your comfort.
It will take time for your jawbone to fuse with the implants, and then you’ll return to the specialist for a second minor surgery to attach abutments to your implant posts. While you are healing, your customized dentures will be crafted in a dental lab. Finally, you will return to our office for thee attachment of your new restoration and be all set with your new smile!
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
You’ll be encouraged to know most adults with good oral and overall health are viable candidates for implant dentures, especially if you are frustrated or tired of traditional dentures. At your consultation, our dentist explains your options and makes a recommendation based on what they learn about your needs. Keep in mind, you will need to be sufficiently healthy to undergo minor surgery.
If you have cavities or gum disease, they must be addressed before you can move forward. If your jawbone density is insufficient for the type of implant dentures you want, it will be necessary to schedule a bone graft procedure.
As with any form of tooth replacement, you need to maintain a good oral hygiene regimen going forward. Dental implants in Beverly are the gold standard of tooth replacement, so it’s going to be worth your time and effort to select implant dentures.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
This combo has no shortage of advantages, such as:
- Natural appearance: Implant dentures not only look like real teeth, but they are also very stable in your mouth, so they perform like the real thing as well.
- Convenience: No matter which type of implant dentures you choose, your dentist will ensure it is simple and straightforward about how to care for them daily.
- Bone preservation: This is a huge difference from traditional dentures – your jawbone will be stimulated, so you avoid losing bone mass and the risk of facial sagging.
- Longevity: While traditional dentures usually need replacing every 5-8 years, the lifespan of implant dentures can be much longer with proper care.
- Stability: The menu of food items available to you expands compared to someone with traditional dentures. For example, you can bite into an apple.
Excited to learn more about implant dentures and the difference they can make for your quality of life? Simply contact our office to schedule your consultation!